Hello lovely ladies!
Today we’re chatting sustainability.
It’s no secret that we all need to start building a better, more sustainable future to support the planet we live on and to help generations to come. We’re sure you’ve all already heard a bunch of facts and statistics about this stuff, but we did want to share one in particular with you. Did you know that around 15 tonnes of textile waste is discarded every 10 minutes in Australia? (link to source - https://minister.awe.gov.au/evans/media-releases/tackling-textile-waste-school-uniforms-tradies-gear ). Yep. That’s a hell of a lot of clothing. It’s crazy! We need to do better. So, as we transform our brand, we’ve set our sights on ensuring that we do everything we can to help reduce waste, promote sustainability and make positive changes within our business to inspire ourselves and others to live more considerate lifestyles.
How is Deezi Doing Good for the Environment?
We’ve always taken pride in being a brand that strives to give women access to high-quality (and affordable) sportwear options for two main reasons…
- One of our core beliefs is that every woman should be able to find activewear that looks amazing, is made from the highest quality materials and will genuinely last them a long time (even for those who spend all day every day wearing it!).
- In providing these high-quality options for women, we keep sustainability at the forefront of our business ethos which helps combat fast fashion and reduce the impact on our landfills, one pair of leggings at a time.
This is just one part of creating a business that supports the environment though. There are many other factors at play like using recyclable packaging, going paperless and more. We know we can do better. And we plan to.
With our rebranding, we’re changing things up a little. Here are just a few of the ways we are going to make a difference when it comes to supporting the long-term health of our environment and, in turn, ensuring we as human beings have a bright future ahead of us…
- As much as possible, we are creating a paperless, eco-friendly office space to reduce waste.
- All our invoicing will continue to be carried out electronically. Who needs paper invoices with deliveries!
- We are constantly searching for the most eco-friendly materials and textiles that still allow us to maintain our reputation for creating high-quality activewear.
- Sustainable and recyclable packaging is also high on our priority list. We’re getting rid of the plastic satchels and replacing them with 100% recyclable ones.
- All our activewear will be sent directly from our factory so we can ensure the integrity of our eco-friendly shipping values always remains a priority.
- In general, we are continually striving to improve our processes and practices both in the office and outside of it to better care for our fellow Australians and for people all over the world by treating our planet with the respect and love it deserves.
In the words of the fabulous Vivienne Westwood, “Buy less, choose well, make it last.”
We can’t wait to work with you, our wonderful customers, to build a better, more sustainable future for generations to come.
The Deezi Team x