At Deezi Active we pride ourselves on our business mission to support women of all shapes and sizes through life, encouraging them to shape their fit. This month we are proud to introduce our latest Brand Ambassador – Grace Gill. An energetic, bubbly personality with an infectious smile and outlook on life, Grace has extensive experience in the professional sporting arena, is an amateur CrossFit athlete and model and continues to better her knowledge in the industry. Let’s dig a little deeper to find out more about this amazing athlete and exceptional Deezi Squad member.
NAME: Grace Gill
AGE: 29 years old
HEIGHT: 180cm (5’11”)
PROFESSIONAL SPORTING CAREER:
– Canberra United foundation player from 2008 – 2016 (2 x Premiership wins)
– Young Matildas team member – attended Youth World Cup in Russia 2006.
– Continue to play locally in the Canberra Premier League competition for
Canberra FC, competition winners in 2017
CURRENT HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
– Training CrossFit or a variation of functional training on and off for approx. 5 years, which Grace professes to be benefit overall health, performance and strength, improving physicality when playing soccer
– Competed locally in various CrossFit competitions
– Currently studying Cert 3 and 4 in Fitness
– Was strictly vegetarian for approx.7 years
– More recently have re-introduced fish into the diet
– Grace doesn’t follow a strict diet, count calories or macros, instead fuelling the body with what it needs when it needs it
– Favourite food…Grace is a self confessed sweet tooth! So chocolate is right
up there but in terms of the right fuel, then there isn’t really a vegetable she doesn’t like. Grace is also a self confessed coffee and broccoli addict.
QUOTES TO LIVE BY:
– “It doesn’t take talent to hustle and work hard”
– “In time this too shall pass”